Dear Daffodils: Saturday Style Icons: 03 Paloma Faith

Saturday 1 February 2014

Saturday Style Icons: 03 Paloma Faith

I'm a big fan of Paloma Faith so I had to include her as one of my style icons! In the summer I saw her in concert which was amazing and I'd definitely recommend anyone to go see her sing live. Anyway, let me give you a bit more information...

Paloma was born in 1981 in Hackney and was encouraged to take up ballet from a young age. Once she'd finished college, she studied for a degree in contemporary dance at the Northern School of Contemporary Dance in Leeds. Once Paloma had finished that she went on to do an MA in theater directing at Central Saint Martins.

She began her music career around 2007 when she was a singer in a burlesque cabaret where she was scouted. In 2009 she released debut singles Stone Cold Sober and New York and then her debut album, Do you want the Truth or something Beautiful? which had a lot of success! In 2012 she released Fall to Grace (my favourite album of the two) and then she has recently announced that her third album A Perfect Contradiction will be released this year!  Not only this, but Paloma acts too and has appeared in St. Trinian's and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus so she's been very busy.


What I love about Paloma's style is that she's not afraid to be different! She's the best of British and shows off her eccentricism. Not only this, but she has a passion for vintage and retro and this is shown in her outfits and hair. I think she looks really elegant and a real show girl! What's not to like? She's definitely got fame for her daring style, but what do you think?

Don't forget to follow me via Bloglovin'!
Thanks for reading. ♥   

No comments:

Post a Comment